Foresight CAC – BC’s first clean technology accelerator – has created an Advanced Resource Clean Technology Innovation Centre (ARCTIC
) to quickly bring advanced technology for the resource sector to market. ARCTIC is holding competitions through “Challenge Sprints” to rapidly create solutions to industry’s most pressing needs.
“Challenge Sprints” are part of the Challenge Dialogue System developed by Dr. Don Simpson, founder of the Innovation Expedition, and applied by ARCTIC to identify innovators, assist in product development, and ensure there is a market for the technologies developed. Used by government agencies, businesses, not-for-profits and public/private partnerships worldwide, this process will allow our clients to better collaborate and innovate in a rapidly-changing world.
For more info on the different Challenges please click here
ARCTIC is supported by Western Economic Diversification Canada
“Innovation Sprint” competitions are held by ARCTIC to identify the best potential clean technology innovations for use in the resource sector – including mining, oil and gas, forestry, and movement of goods.
Two ARCTIC competitions are being held each year. Prototypes will be developed, leading models tested in industry field trials, and proven products will move to market.
5 prototypes developed(6 months)
Prototype Tested by Industry(12 months)
Proven products move to market
- Dialogues will be hosted to identify pressing industry challenges that need advanced technology innovations.
- A broad group of industry and clean tech innovators will be reached.
- 5 groups will be selected by a jury of industry, investors and experts for each 6-month sprint.
- The 5 firms for each sprint will receive funding support to develop a prototype within 6 months.
- Mentorship and business support will be provided by Foresight to help accelerate an idea from concept to prototype and from seed to first funding.
|Field Trials Commercialization
- The industry sponsor will select at least one prototype for field testing.
- Foresight will provide project management oversight, an Executive-in-Residence, lab and office space, and business support to help the company move towards commercialization.