Our Key Focus Areas:
- Solutions for wildfire mitigation and forest management
- Sustainable packaging and new materials from lignin and nanocellulose
- Textile fibres, wood-based materials and new uses for wood products
- New digital solutions and circular business models
- Biofuels and Renewable Natural Gas
- Naturally derived carbon to replace petroleum products
Canada Can Lead the World in Bioeconomy Innovation
With a vast bioeconomy ecosystem spanning sectors, Canada has a unique opportunity to become a global leader in this emerging innovation space — but it will require unprecedented collaboration and teamwork. bioNEXT is fostering a highly focused, innovative bioeconomy network through:
Acceleration programming for bioeconomy ventures
Industry-driven Innovation Challenges
Sector-specific training and mentorship
Positioning Canada as a global leader
Leveraging existing infrastructure and driving adoption of Canadian bioeconomy solutions
Investor matchmaking and pitch events
Out of any seminar series I participated in, bioNEXT brought amazing speakers that were highly relevant to my venture space. The speakers were also very informative, gave practical advice, and were open to meeting. Thank you ForeSight and the bioNEXT team!
Through our Innovation Challenge program, we can support you by:
- Identifying key barriers to your climate targets
- Sourcing bioeconomy innovators with solutions to your specific challenges
- Guiding you through the funding landscape to get your projects moving faster
We want to work with you to:
- Develop your technology at any stage, from ideation to commercialization
- Connect you with Canada’s vast bioeconomy ecosystem
- Provide you with training, investor matchmaking opportunities and networking events to help you get to market faster
Meet Our bioNEXT Ventures
We’re proud to have worked with some of Canada’s top bioeconomy ventures that are demonstrating what’s possible on the path to net zero.
bioNEXT introduced us to fellow emerging Bio-Economy startups, brought market leaders to our forum to share insights and opportunities, and provided us with a roadmap of strategic financing strategies
- July 26, 2023 Article Foresight Insights, Biomethane: Where it Fits in Canada’s Decarbonization Toolkit What role will biomethane play in Canada’s decarbonization journey? Learn all about biomethane’s sectoral applications, technology gaps and opportunities, next steps, and more in our latest blog by Foresight Canada’s Sr. Research Analyst, Colton Kasteel.
- July 4, 2023 Article Saving Water, One Pulp Mill at a Time: Foresight and CMPC Launch Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge CMPC, one of the biggest worldwide pulp and paper companies, is seeking solutions to help fight the blue staining in wood caused by the Ceratocystis Pilífera fungus. This stain is currently prevented with high water use throughout the processing stage.
- June 22, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: NanoTerraTech Advanced Materials Inc. NanoTerraTech is an advanced materials company embracing the circular economy model, producing carbon-based products from forestry biomass waste. Their proprietary technology is a drop-in solution that is sustainable, scalable, and poised to disrupt many industries.