What nutrient recovery technologies (NRTs) can produce a concentrated, higher-value product (e.g., organic fertilizer) from the digestate produced from on-farm anaerobic digestion technology and/or make this product more easily and cost-effectively transportable off-site?
The Issue: Cost-effective nutrient recovery from on-farm anaerobic digestate and related product exportability.
The Challenge: This Challenge seeks solutions that can help to improve the economics of British Columbia’s renewable natural gas (RNG) supply chain. The successful technologies or engineering process improvements will:
- Improve the business case for pipeline-grade RNG production by developing or adapting a technology to improve nutrient recovery processes and/or the development of higher value products from digestate.
- Describe a path to commercial viability.
1. Muddy River Technologies (www.muddyriver.ca)
2. CH Four (www.chfour.ca) and BioPolynet (www.biopolynet.com)
3. Trident Processes (tridentprocesses.com)
Click here for Announcement of Sprint Winners (Press Release)
Our Challenge Partner
BC Bioenergy Network
Delphi and Tessellate
“One of our challenges led to a potential reduction of GHG emissions in the oil sands by 500,000 tonnes annually.”
- Matt McCulloch P.Eng | Director, Greenhouse Gas Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance
“As a small company, it can be really hard to get in the door with industry and investors … this program has been a huge door opener for us, and a fantastic opportunity to partner with larger companies.”
- Michael Sams, CEO, AMS Energy
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay in the know about leading-edge transformative technology. Our monthly newsletter covers events, upcoming workshops and all program updates.