Regional Director, British Columbia (Full-Time)
Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre is a growing nonprofit organization with an exciting mission: accelerating the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We bring together industry, government, academia, investors, and innovators together to address today’s most urgent climate issues. We’re looking for a strategic connector with excellent communication and organization skills to lead the development of our cleantech ecosystem program in British Columbia.
As a member of our Partnerships team, you will report to the VP Commercialization. You will lead program budget and proposal development, government reporting, strategic connections & network building in British Columbia, and oversee and execute all processes for programs, projects and initiatives. Your ultimate goal is to maximize British Columbia’s contribution to making cleantech Canada’s leading employer.
The successful applicant will be a true community builder that is passionate about reducing Canada’s climate impact through technology innovation. This means that you are a great writer and communicator, a team player, an entrepreneurial self-starter, are comfortable working remotely, and have strong time and project management skills.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Manage and represent Foresight as a key supporter of the cleantech community in the British Columbia ecosystem.
- Gather and share information on critical company developments, recruiting new companies into Foresight’s training programs.
- Gather and share information on new business and financial opportunities that can benefit small and growing cleantech companies in British Columbia.
- Manage programs that create connections between industry sectors and technologies to grow the cleantech ecosystem in British Columbia.
- Connect accelerator programs, government initiatives and large companies with an interest in innovation to support the British Columbia ecosystem.
- Oversee proposal development, project management, budgeting and reporting for all British Columbia programs.
- Ability to lead a team (future) and coordinate efficiently with existing teams to execute programs (including the Marketing, Communications, Technology, and Acceleration teams).
- Work closely with the VP Commercialization and the CEO to design and implement a British Columbia specific strategy that supports the specific needs within the region, and socializes those needs with the Federal government and international partners.
- Minimum five years experience in either government, nonprofit, or private sector.
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate and influence others, and build a team.
- Proposal writing and reporting experience is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of the clean technology industry, corporate sustainability, and social and environmental impact programming are considered a bonus.
Applicants will be selected and reviewed on an ongoing basis against these values, if you share them, you’ll love working with us:
- We are ENTREPRENEURIAL. We act with ownership, we are keen to embrace new ideas, and we are comfortable taking calculated risks.
- We are COLLABORATIVE. We believe that the Canadian cleantech ecosystem is stronger together. We act without self interest to enact meaningful change.
- We are PASSIONATE ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY & CLEANTECH. We understand the climate targets, and we take meaningful action to address real world problems on a personal level and as a business.
- We are TRANSFORMATIONAL. We are not okay with the status quo. We work towards audacious goals and take the road less travelled.
- We are CONNECTORS. We believe in removing silos and building an ecosystem of cooperation and ‘co-opetition’. We advocate and lead sharing information, resources, and best practices.
Job Type: Full-Time
Rate: $80,000 base + benefits (key is best fit and experience for the role)
Foresight is a non-profit ecosystem accelerator dedicated to advancing the growth and impact of cleantech in Canada. With a team of over 20 full time staff, we are Canada’s leading cleantech hub. Foresight has supported over 550 SMEs in Launch, Deliver, Grow and Challenge Programs. This has resulted in 6,100+ high-paying jobs, $420+ million in company funding, and $230+ million in member company revenues.
Foresight recognizes that the best teams include diverse voices. We welcome all applicants with the requisite experience and skills for the position to apply, and invite interested individuals to reach out with any questions or requests for accommodation through the application or interview process.
Apply today to join this dynamic team who are working to solve pressing environmental problems and bring transformative technologies to market. Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].