Commercial Building Retrofit Specialist
VICTORIA, BC, CANADA
We’re Hiring a Commercial Building Design Specialist!
Wage based on experience $80,000 – $160,000
– Stock Options
– Benefits Package
– Remote from anywhere North America
We’re a mission-driven startup leading the global drive towards carbon-free buildings. We apply building science and machine learning to big data in the cloud, bringing next generation planning for Corporate Real Estate targeting zero-carbon. Demand has been very strong and now it’s time to scale up. That’s where you come in.
As a Retrofit Specialist at Audette, you play a key customer-facing role, transforming processed data into actionable, defensible carbon reduction strategies. You will work hand-in-hand with our software and data team to inform what data should be extracted from buildings and how it should be presented for analysis by building scientists. You will then identify the best carbon reduction strategies for each portfolio and build the models for cost and savings estimation. Finally, you will organize the recommendations into roadmaps to reach each user’s net-zero goals.
As Audette grows across portfolios and continents, the intelligence you create will be re-incorporated into our architecture, making each iteration faster and more accurate. This is how we achieve our vision of a carbon reduction plan for every building on the planet.
– You’ve been in many commercial buildings and can produce an ASHRAE Level 1 energy audit in your sleep.
– You’ve worked through implementation of your recommendations and recognize the potential real-world complications that can arise.
– You can comfortably sit in a corporate boardroom and defend your recommendations to an engineer or a CFO, tailoring your recommendations based on their backgrounds.
In addition, our ideal candidate will have:
– A working knowledge of carbon offset markets
– Experience working in startups or with software teams
– An understanding of emerging technologies in renewables, storage, carbon capture, etc..
Working at Audette:
Together, we’re creating something unprecedented to tackle a huge global problem. To make this happen, we strive to create a best-in-class workplace in many areas, including continuous skills improvement, servant leadership, empathic communication, high-trust culture, and more. As a member of the Building Science team at Audette, you will lead the design and implementation of a new way to plan for low-carbon real estate.
Our culture is focused on inclusion and value creation, and we recognize that diversity, respect, and safety is the best way to achieve this. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Hit the button at the top of this page. Be prepared to answer one skill-testing question designed to gauge your familiarity with retrofit strategies.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
$80,000.00 – $160,000.00
To apply for this job please visit audette.humi.ca.