About EarthShift Global
EarthShift Global (ESG) has made large-scale measurable impacts on the sustainability of dozens of companies, including multinationals from a variety of sectors. As a leader in quantitative sustainability assessment, consulting, training, and software, ESG empowers clients to become more sustainable while remaining highly profitable.
ESG’s software tools allow professionals to explore environmental sustainability data and assessment results, and even conduct their own analyses of their companies’ environmental impacts. This exploration is crucial to the process of organizations reducing their footprints. The Full-Stack Web Developer will join the new software team at EarthShift Global in creating these deeply impactful tools. EarthShift Global has developed a powerful data-science-driven back end that supports its set of front-end tools, each tailored to a different industry, user group, or assessment type.
The successful candidate be the first developer on our new software team, and accordingly will have the opportunity to shape the ongoing development of the team and mentor other developers. The candidate will guide architecture design, initial software development, scaling and implementation of software systems and integration of social impact data, while acting as a guiding voice in overall company direction.
● Work effectively with other stakeholders at EarthShift Global, including analysts, the software team (project manager/team lead, front-end and back-end developers, UX and UI designers, data visualization experts) and clients.
● Provide mentorship, support, and oversight for front- and back-end developers.
● Lead software architecture decision making, and generate software artifacts that help document the software design process
● Develop back-end components and front-end interfaces, and ensure smooth interaction between the two
● Manage software testing, ensuring that clients receive quality products
● Bring creativity and energy to your work, alongside a very high standard for code quality.
Desired Qualities, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
You don’t need to check every single box to be a good fit.
Architecture & Leadership
● Experience with software architecture and strategy
● Experience facilitating Agile workflow
● Experience with microservice architectures
● Experience facilitating DevOps
● Experience ensuring code quality and version control within a software team, across multiple projects
● Motivation to support the personal and professional development of other software engineers
● Experience with data security on web platforms strongly preferred
● Experience implementing designs developed by a UI designer
● Experience with web accessibility and localization
● Experience with Webix or other user management tools is a plus
● Experience building reusable components, and when appropriate researching and leveraging existing component libraries, such that multiple front-end applications can be built with high efficiency.
● Experience with Python required
● Experience with back-end web development, including sockets, servers, APIs, and databases, strongly preferred
● Experience with MongoDB preferred
● Bonus: Experience with Brightway (LCA tool)
● Commitment to building high-quality, clear, well-documented code
● Writes code for the long haul: maintainability and scalability are key
● Developing software using disciplined analysis, design, development, and test methods.
● Familiarity with git version control.
● Motivated by EarthShift Global’s mission and values
● Bring creativity and energy to your work, along with a desire to learn new things
● Effectively giving and receiving feedback that helps the team work together effectively
● Strong technical and non-technical communication, over video calls and written mediums
● Comfort working on fast paced projects, within a dynamic, small team, in a small company.
● Remote work experience and collaboration across disciplines
Company Information, Benefits, Hiring Process, Equal Opportunity Statement, and Questions/Accommodations information is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mNpf0ScaOnm4nUV7qqVNtdft_t53UjY30ghhgjVpATc/edit?usp=sharing
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.