RazerLift - automated roof rack solutions
About RazerLift Products Ltd.
RazerLift Products Ltd. (RazerLift) is a start-up company based out of Calgary, Alberta, that produces the ‘RazerLift’; an automated cargo roof rack system that eliminates the need for climbing or overhead lifting to vehicle roof racks. By eliminating overhead lifting, the patented RazerLift provides both workers and recreational users a safe way of loading and unloading cargo.
The company has reached several milestones on their journey to commercialization. To date they have:
Raised seed capital
A patented design in 8 countries covering North America, Europe and Asia
Built prototypes and completed their Gen 1 model production run
Gained market traction including initial sales and repeat sales
Received an independent endorsement from the International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics
For more information, please visit their website at www.razerlift.ca
Chief Marketing Officer / VP Business Development / Co-Founder
Reports to: President & CEO
Direct Reports: none at this time
Total employees: <10
Location: Calgary, Alberta
We are currently seeking an organized, high energy, approachable Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to join our start-up, fast paced organization. Reporting to the President & CEO, you will be responsible for all sales and marketing activities throughout the company. This role will liaise with other company executives to establish company-wide goals and be accountable for marketing strategy that achieves profit, product, and growth goals through a range of marketing functions and activities. You have a broad understanding of brand development, sales management, product, distribution management, and customer service. You also will have input into brand marketing, pricing, advertising, market research, marketing communications, project management, and public relations.
As CMO and Co-Founder, you will be establishing the development of branding, marketing and sales strategy of the Company and be accountable for driving revenue through the execution of the sales and marketing activities.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a start-up company all roles, including the CMO, typically wear quite a few different hats. You must have a particular set of skills and traits to lead the company’s brand management and marketing activities in a way that results in growth. Here are some (but not all) of the things you will be responsible for:
· Building relationships with fleet managers, operations managers, safety managers, distributors and senior leaders of major fleet managing companies, to establish client contracts or multiyear product commitments.
· Building the sales and marketing team including screening, interviewing, and hiring.
· Supporting the sales team in reviewing deals, doing forecasts, making presentations and monitoring sales performance.
· Researching new people, technologies and applications related to your own areas of interest, sharing what you learn with our team.
· Active participation and endorsement of current and future product designs, as it relates to the final market product and client solutions.
· Continually promoting good teamwork across the company and ensuring communication is strong between all staff and management.
· Working closely with the co-founders / management to organize and supervise all aspects of the organization’s marketing and to develop and implement short and long-range marketing plans.
· Overseeing A/R and working with the Accounting Department to ensure efficient closing of orders to maximize income and customer care.
· Assist in problem resolving, both administrative and operational (including customer service, technical issues, product development, shipping & logistics).
First Year Success Measures:
· You will have built a go-to-market strategy from our base model Gen 1 and the new Gen 2 design.
· You will have integrated yourself into the business and built relationships of trust with the management team, staff, vendors and customers.
· Show measurable progress in developing incremental and profitable new clients.
· Be a key leader in taking this revolutionary product to market.
· An opportunity to have some skin-in-the-game, where your success is tied to the success of the company.
· Play an integral part in creating an amazing place to work with a culture that supports open interaction, fun and the odd nerf gun fight.
· Mistakes are acceptable but ego is not.
Start-up companies are not for the faint of heart. To be successful in this role you will have to identify yourself as a:
· Growth driver: The core of what you do is drive growth. Make no mistake, this is the oxygen of the company.
· Marketing expert: In this role, you certainly will get your hands dirty with the granular tasks of the marketing team, and eventually grow all things marketing with your expertise.
· Chief storyteller: You have a creative side and provide a unique perspective from the rest of the team. You are the bridge between the industry needs and our technical competency to come up with solutions and portray it in a compelling storyline.
· Customer champion: You are the customer voice to our organization serving as the customer champion in chief, ensuring that all marketing activities serve to create brand loyalty and ensure the user experience is enjoyable and successful.
· Creativity leader: You can nurture the creativity of the marketing department, spurring innovative marketing ideas that will help attract and retain more customers and lead back to increased sales growth.
Skills and Experience:
· 10+ years in a leadership or start-up capacity and have a proven track record of creating and translating sales and marketing strategy into results and a sustainable company.
· Experience in an environment where you’ve had a high dependency on performance.
· Knowledge of Human Resource standards and processes.
· A great reader of people and can quickly identify customer pain and understanding new market opportunities.
· A connector that enjoys meeting new people and building a community, but more importantly, you like to connect the dots, putting people together who mutually benefit from shared skills, ideas, and perspectives.
· Excellent communication and multi-tasking abilities.
· An entrepreneur at heart that is not risk averse.
· Adaptable, coachable, and open to ideas and even criticism (usually more from clients and investors than teammates!).
· You have a deep passion to do what you love, and this is what you love.
· An outgoing personality and ability to build relationships.
· Diverse with your network and your humble approach and compelling nature allows you to sweep people into your mission along the way.
· A competitive compensation package suited to the individual will be provided.
· Salaries and incentives are built around your ability to success and influence growth in the company.
· Investment in the company is encouraged but not necessary.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We respect the privacy and the confidentiality of the personal information provided to us in the context of our executive search assignments. This has been a fundamental value in building trust with both our candidates and clients. In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act we have adopted Privacy Principles relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in conjunction with our executive search assignments, which have been agreed to by our client. These principles are available upon request.
Thank you for considering this important opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com