Our network of over 840 alumni companies have been making big waves in the Canadian cleantech ecosystem. Since May, they’ve been expanding into new markets, closing $38 million in successful raises, winning big awards, and finding new, exciting partnerships.
As our companies grow and scale, they are deploying climate solutions, supporting the transition to a green economy, and driving Canada toward a net zero future.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Nanode Battery Technologies successfully closed its financing round, securing a $500,000 investment.
- 7Gen closed their $8 million Series A financing round led by Quebec-based pension fund Fonds de Solidarité FTQ and Siemens Financial Services.
- Quebec-based Permalution won the Best Women in Tech $100,000 investment award at Startupfest Montreal.
- Intelligent City raised $30 million to advance the sustainable urban housing industry by utilizing mass timber, automation, and robotics.
- Solaires won the NexStream 3.0 Tech Competition’s Sustainable Resource Management Award for their innovative, printable solar ink.
- Pani Energy won the Best Go-To Market Strategy Award at BlueTech Forum 2022 for its multi-level approach that helps water facilities at all levels.
- Kanin Energy entered into an agreement with Tallgrass to develop four waste heat to power clean energy projects with capacity for 48+ MW of carbon-free energy.
- Island Nature Trust announced it will pilot LandSteward, a cutting-edge technology for creating and managing natural infrastructure projects.
- Flipside Plastics launched its first product to mass market, along with a fully revamped and redesigned website.
- FORM innovations’ sustainable building envelope was chosen for one of the four pilot homes in Foresight’s Kanaka Bar Resilient Housing Solutions Challenge.
- VoltSafe entered into a new agreement with the Canadian Armed Forces to pilot its patented EV charger technology for electric vehicles.
If our alumni can accomplish all this in just a few months, imagine what they can do in one year, five years, or 10 years. We’re so proud to see our companies growing and thriving, paving the way for Canada to reach net zero.
Stay tuned for more stories about how our alumni are leaving their mark on the Canadian cleantech ecosystem. To submit your story, reach out to [email protected].