While the 2020/21 period will be remembered by most for the global pandemic and wide-reaching impacts, at Foresight, we’re marking a period of growth, resilience, and achievement. Read all about it in our new Annual Report.
For those who prefer the Coles Notes, here are some highlights for the period April 1, 2020-March 31, 2021.
- National expansion: We extended our programs across Canada and added the Alberta Clean Technology Industry Association (ACTia) to the Foresight family (now Foresight Alberta).
- Accelerating the growth of cleantech ventures: Foresight companies grew!
- 1,020 jobs created
- $225M in capital raised
- $180M in revenue generated
- 325 companies supported
- Connecting industry with sustainability solutions: We led Industry Challenges across a broad range of industries. Highlights include the $25M Clean Resource Innovation Network (CRIN) competition for the oil and gas industry, SDG Connect: Vestas Circular Economy Challenge focused on solutions for wind turbine blade recycling, and Project Greenlight, matching innovators and enterprises seeking cleantech solutions.
- Learning and networking: Pivoting seamlessly to virtual delivery, we facilitated 50+ events with total attendance exceeding 7,000 from across Canada and globally. These events involved high profile speakers, matchmaking, and venture showcases.
- Supporting innovation by sector: We introduced a sector-based approach to accelerating cleantech, bringing together communities of engaged funders, pilot partners, technology providers, and industry adopters. Our sector initiatives span agriculture, bioeconomy, carbon, energy, and water sectors.
- Promoting a just and inclusive green future. Foresight stepped up our commitment to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), supporting our companies and partners to create diverse and inclusive workplaces through training and events, and partnering in national initiatives such as the 50-30 Challenge and Equal by 30.
Thank you to our partners, our fabulous Executives in Residence and mentors, and our supporters across the cleantech community. Your collaboration, creativity, and courage fuel us.