At Foresight, we’ve got a lot on the go. Acceleration programs for hundreds of cleantech ventures each year. Industry Challenges that match innovators and industry. Sector-specific initiatives like waterNEXT. And a lot of events!
So how do we decide which projects to pursue? We’ve adopted a Theory of Change, a methodology for planning, participation, and evaluation. By defining long-term goals and mapping backwards, we can devote our resources to the highest potential projects.
You already know what we do, but we wanted to share the why in our Theory of Change. Here’s an overview.
A Clear Goal
There’s an urgent need to address climate change and position Canada as a global leader by accelerating the development, adoption, and scale of market-driven cleantech innovation. Foresight sees this as a path to achieve global net-zero emissions targets and Canada’s commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, with the added benefit of creating high paying Canadian cleantech jobs.
To meet this goal, we will:
- Support industry in removing barriers to adoption and embracing circularity
- Lead acceleration programs for innovators
- Increase entrepreneurship within academia and support skill development of the needed next generation of cleantech workers
- Attract investment in cleantech by building a network of engaged investors
- Remove barriers to collaboration amongst industry, SME, academia, government, investors (Helix-5)
- Support a diverse, equitable, and inclusive green transition
Success assumes two important factors: aligned commitment from our Helix-5 stakeholders (innovators, industry, investors, government, and academia) and competitive cleantech innovations suitable to scale internationally.
A Clear Direction: Cleantech Forward
Foresight will support the cleantech ecosystem by:
- Providing world class accelerator programming for SMEs
- Ensuring sectoral alignment and initiatives
- Facilitating commercial partnerships and pilot access
- Leading industry-support innovation challenges
- Building investor networks