Jeanette Jackson remembers some tough days as the CEO of a tech startup. “Some days I felt very alone,” she says. “Nobody else is in the same position, and the responsibility can be overwhelming.”
Jeanette made it through the tough days, ultimately achieving exits with two companies. Since then, she has mentored and advised many other CEOs. Today, as CEO of Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre, she’s overseeing the rollout of a multi-faceted program that provides a trusted forum for learning, and support for C-suite executives of cleantech companies.
Foresight’s new CXO Growth program helps emerging cleantech ventures develop leadership strength. The program is offered in 3 streams, each targeting a specific leadership group:
- CEO Growth. Chief Executive Officers of startups face distinct challenges. The CEO Growth program brings cleantech CEOs together in small, trusted groups for information sharing and support. Application deadline for CEO Growth program: Feb 15
- Executive Growth. Chief Financial Officers and Chief Operating Officers have the opportunity to learn and grow in the Executive Growth Program.
- CTO Growth. Targeting Chief Technology Officers and Chief Scientific Officers, this program addresses issues related to leaders in these roles.
Each program offer a two-pronged format that ensures ongoing development and support:
- Roundtable meetings. Every second month, the cohort group meets to learn from an expert guest speaker.
- Peer-to-peer. On alternating months, the group meets for a moderated discussion about their most pressing issues. This is a valuable opportunity to gain insights from people who are facing similar challenges or have overcome them.
CEO is a lonely job. You are surrounded by advisors, employees, and hopefully customers, but sometimes it feels like there is no one that you can share some of the challenges with and not be judged. Someone who has experienced similar challenges and is willing to share what worked or maybe what did not work. Someone who might be able to highlight a pitfall that you had not considered. Conversely, there are also moments of euphoria that it might be too early to share with your usual network. Having a trusted group where you can be vulnerable is important.
Moderator, CEO Growth Program
The launch of Foresight’s CXO Growth program is sponsored by Acetech.