Our network of alumni companies continue to make waves across the cleantech sector, and inspire us with their innovative solutions, successes, and dedication to Canada’s net zero transition.
This month, the companies in our network have received awards for their hard work, made new partnerships, and have raised $2.4 million in startup funding or for R&D projects.
Here are a few of the highlights:
Awards and Recognition
- The BC Tech Association celebrated the province’s innovation at its annual awards ceremony, and HTEC was awarded the Gamechanger award in the Climate Leadership category.
- Synergraze CEO Tamara Loiselle has been awarded the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal by the Lieutenant Governor and the Premier of Alberta in recognition for founding Synergraze Sustainable Agriculture.
- Moment Energy and Reusables.com have been recognized for their efforts in moving BC toward its circular economy goals.
Funding and Partnerships
- Terramera and HTEC have been awarded $300,000 each from Innovate BC’s Ignite program for R&D projects.
- 7Leagues Leather has made the shortlist for the Ocean Startup Project’s Ocean Startup Challenge, putting them within reach of the $750,000 grand prize.
- Rainstick Shower has received $1.8 million in start-up funding from Sustainable Development Technology Canada.
- Andrea Crook, the CEO of OptiSeis Solutions Ltd., has joined CRIN’s board of directors.
To date, our network of 870+ Foresight-supported ventures have raised $1.2 billion in capital, generated $348+ million in revenue, and created 7,040+ high-paying jobs. In total, the economic impact of our alumni companies is more than $1.5 billion.
We are inspired by the contributions our alumni companies are making to Canada’s transition to a net zero economy, and so excited to see what comes next for these innovators.
Stay tuned for more stories about how our alumni are leaving their mark on the Canadian cleantech ecosystem. To submit your story, reach out to [email protected]