Sprint 5 – BC Bioenergy Network
Partner: BC Bioenergy Network
Facilitator: Delphi and Tessellate
The Issue and Challenge
The Issue: Cost-effective nutrient recovery from on-farm anaerobic digestate and related product exportability.
The Challenge: This Challenge seeks solutions that can help to improve the economics of British Columbia’s renewable natural gas (RNG) supply chain. More specifically, the Challenge seeks nutrient recovery technologies (NRTs) that can produce a concentrated, higher-value product (e.g., organic fertilizer) from the digestate produced from on-farm anaerobic digestion technology and/or make this product more easily and cost-effectively transportable off-site. The successful technologies or engineering process improvements will:
- Improve the business case for pipeline-grade RNG production by developing or adapting a technology to improve nutrient recovery processes and/or the development of higher value products from digestate.
- Describe a path to commercial viability.
Submit your proposal to email@example.com
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2018
Innovation Sprint Finalists
1. Muddy River Technologies (www.muddyriver.ca)
3. Trident Processes (tridentprocesses.com)
Innovation Sprint Winner
For further information, download the following:
• Webinar Orientation for Innovators