Summertime is here, and things are heating up for our network of ventures, who are busy raising, finding new partnerships, and competing in international competitions.
Here are a few of the highlights:
Raises & Awards
- In an effort to reduce plastic waste in the province, British Columbia has invested $8 million in projects including $995,000 for Reusables, and $302,127 for Sharewares.
- Asset Market has won the Angels for Climate Solutions competition and earned itself $150,000 in funding. Other Foresight alumni Reusables, Farment Biosolutions, InHub Farms, and Halitra were named as finalists in the competition.
- VoltSafe has won $10,000 in the finale of the EPiC 2023 competition in Hong Kong.
- Foresight alumni H2M has won the Energy Storage Award at the World Hydrogen Summit in Rotterdam.
- Foresight 50 honourees Ionomr Innovations has partnered with the Swiss-and-German global leader in electrolyzers, Sunfire, to pursue industrial-scale electrolyzer innovation.
- Foresight 50 Honouree Svante has partnered with Carbon America to accelerate carbon capture, utilization, and storage projects in the United States.
To date, our network of 1,000+ Foresight-supported ventures has raised $1.3+ billion in capital, generated $390+ million in revenue, and created 7,150+ high-paying jobs. In total, the economic impact of our alumni companies is more than $2 billion.
We are inspired by the contributions our alumni companies are making to Canada’s transition to a net zero economy, and we are so excited to see what comes next for these innovators.
Stay tuned for more stories about how our alumni are leaving their mark on the Canadian cleantech ecosystem. To submit your story, reach out to [email protected].