Read About Canadian Cleantech
Foresight brings you cleantech company spotlights, industry news, investment and export success stories, and updates from Canada’s growing cleantech community.Subscribe for Updates
- November 6, 2023 Article Venture Spotlight Series: Hydra Energy - The Road to a Sustainable Transportation Sector Hydra Energy is attempting to decarbonize one of the largest contributing sectors to global GHG emissions — commercial transportation.
- October 30, 2023 Article October Alumni Recap | Foresight Alumni Raise More Than $185 Million in Funding This month, Foresight’s network of amazing alumni companies have raised more than $185 million, broken ground on new projects, and received international recognition for their game-changing contributions to the fight against climate change.
- September 29, 2023 Article September Alumni Recap | Foresight Alumni Raise +$28M This month, our amazing alumni companies successfully closed multi-million dollar funding rounds, received international awards, and are breaking ground on new projects.
- September 27, 2023 Article Venture Spotlight Series: Orca Water - Leveraging Data to Ensure Water Security Orca Water has developed a comprehensive and easy-to-install modular monitoring system for residential buildings that enhances water conservation, and provides unprecedented water use analytics, and predictive leak detection capability.
- August 30, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Picketa Systems New Brunswick’s Picketa Systems is changing the future of agtech with a plant tissue analysis technology that provides real-time results, removing nearly all turnaround time in the process of analyzing plant samples.
- August 29, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Planetary Technologies Planetary Technologies is developing the world’s first carbon removal system that has the ability to transform coastal outfalls into carbon removal machines. Their technology has the potential to remove 2,000,000 gross tonnes of carbon per year, creating a significant impact on levels of GHG emissions in the atmosphere.
- August 17, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Vizva AgroTech Globally, agriculture accounts for roughly 70 per cent of all freshwater withdrawals. Thankfully, Vizva AgroTech has found a way to cut agricultural water consumption by over 95 per cent.
- August 9, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: GreenLIB Founded in 2022, GreenLIB is a cleantech startup focused on lithium-ion batteries and the refining of raw materials in order to address the escalating problem of battery waste management.
- August 3, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Co2L Tech CO2L Tech is a cleantech startup specializing in CO2-utilization technologies, and has developed innovative processes that have enabled them to manufacture a diverse range of CO2-derived products including desiccants, two-way humidity controllers, and different chemical precursors.
- July 27, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Last20 Pavement Last20 Pavement has developed a novel solution to put plastic waste to good use. Their technology is a cost-effective, environmentally-driven, high-performance solution for asphalt applications that upcycles low density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic into pavement.
- July 26, 2023 Article July Alumni Recap | Summer Raises in the Forecast for Foresight Alumni It’s the summer of funding for our network Foresight alumni, who have collectively raised more than $88 million in funding in the last month alone. Their impressive accomplishments will help them scale their technologies and expand their operations to new markets domestically and globally.
- July 20, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Proteus Waters - Closing the Circle on Waste Wastewater is an underused and under appreciated resource. Proteus Waters is focused on a water recovery and circular economic business model that also has a much smaller environmental footprint, and far lower economic cost, when compared to traditional bacterial options.