Read About Canadian Cleantech
Foresight brings you cleantech company spotlights, industry news, investment and export success stories, and updates from Canada’s growing cleantech community.Subscribe for Updates
- December 1, 2023 Article Alberta’s Status as a “First-Mover” on Carbon Tech is Paying Dividends Michigan-based material science company, Dow Inc., will construct the world’s first net zero Scope 1 and 2 emissions ethylene cracker and derivatives complex in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
- November 15, 2023 Article How Can Canada Capture a Net Zero Future? Takeaways from Decarb Connect Canada 2023. We are a long way from net zero, but Canada has opportunities to lead the way. One thing is for sure: decarbonization requires all hands on deck.
- November 14, 2023 Article Unlocking Global Potential: Foresight CEO Seeks International Opportunities for Canadian Innovators Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson has been traveling around the world to meet with climate leaders and discuss the many made-in-Canada solutions we have ready to deploy.
- November 9, 2023 Article Five Key Considerations For Cleantech SMEs Looking To Go Public in Canada Before starting on a go public path, it's important for any cleantech company to think about the advantages and the disadvantages of such a profound decision.
- November 6, 2023 Article Insights from EDC's Cleantech Export Week Canada continues to punch well above its weight in terms of venture creation, and technology innovation… so, why are these ventures struggling to sell at home?
- November 3, 2023 Article A Major Year of Research for Foresight Canada In the past year, Foresight’s research offerings have helped build a thriving cleantech ecosystem across Canada. Let’s look at these research projects and how they help us achieve our goals.
- October 19, 2023 Article Canada’s Position Within the World of Water: Insights from WEFTEC 2023 Our Director, Research, Alyssa Kelly recently gave an insightful presentation on Canada's leadership opportunity within the global water innovation landscape while international water sector stakeholders came together at WEFTEC - one of the world’s largest water technology conferences.
- October 18, 2023 Article Fueling Sustainable Innovation: SR&ED Financing in Canada's Clean Tech Sector While the Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Credit Program has been a general catalyst for R&D across the country and across various industries, its role is particularly transformative for the cleantech sector.
- October 12, 2023 Article Partnerships Will Propel Us To Net Zero From September 26-28, I had the opportunity to attend Elevate, Canada’s tech and innovation festival in Toronto. This three-day event had more than 10,000 attendees and highlighted the strength of Canada’s tech ecosystem while showcasing cutting-edge innovations across several sectors — including cleantech.
- October 5, 2023 Article A Cleantech Adoption Platform: Streamlining Cleantech Adoption in Canada We spent the past several months undertaking a rigorous discovery process to better understand the key barriers that are hindering progress toward municipal net zero and sustainability goals. Here's what we propose.
- September 25, 2023 Article Celebrating Carbon Month at The Carbon Capture Canada Conference Foresight's Alberta Director, David Yiptong, shares insights from the Carbon Capture Canada Conference in Edmonton, AB, where organizations and individuals from across the country and around the globe gathered to share insights, address common challenges, and discuss the future of carbon tech innovation.
- September 21, 2023 Article Navigating the Path to Net Zero: Insights from ITEA Days in Berlin Elizabeth Thorsen, VP of Operations at Foresight Canada, reflects on the NRC-IRAP-organized Canadian delegation to Berlin, Germany around the ITEA Days conference.