Read About Canadian Cleantech
Foresight brings you cleantech company spotlights, industry news, investment and export success stories, and updates from Canada’s growing cleantech community.
- Featured Article Introducing the 2023 Foresight 50 - Canada's 50 Most Investible Cleantech Ventures
Canada’s 50 most investible cleantech ventures have been announced, featuring inspiring cleantech ventures across a range of industries and sectors that provide solutions to some of society's most pressing issues including green housing, emissions reduction, and food security.View Article
- October 26, 2023 Article Discovering Opportunities for Canada in the Global Mining Sector This database and report is an all-in-one resource that leverages data from Canadian mining technology companies and other key stakeholders to map, categorize, and analyze strategically important industry value chains for Canada in the clean economy.
- October 16, 2023 Announcement Capturing Sustainable Solutions Within Canada’s Natural Gas Sector FortisBC has selected winners of the Compact Carbon Capture Challenge for their solution that will help remove small amounts of CO2 from areas all across Canada.
- October 6, 2023 Article Winners Announced in CMPC Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge Foresight Canada and CMPC are proud to announce the winners of the Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge, helping to reduce water use in the process of fighting the blue staining in wood caused by the Ceratocystis Pilífera fungus.
- October 5, 2023 Article Calling All Canadian Cleantech Innovators: Let’s Get British Columbia to Net Zero, Together Foresight’s BC Net Zero Innovation Network (BCNZIN) is launching a Call for Solutions in search of powerful cleantech solutions within four key sectors: water, transportation, mining, and forest bioeconomy.
- September 19, 2023 Article Earth Tech 2050: Announcing Our First Cohort of Top Climate Tech Startups Earth Tech: 2050, a nine-month program delivered in partnership with SI Canada, is helping accelerate these 11 top climate tech startups with the potential to each cut half a gigatonne of CO2e by 2050.
- September 15, 2023 Article Key Takeaways from our First Climate Economy Summit To open the door for an objective, honest dialogue around the future of the economy and climate, Foresight Canada, along with Creative Destruction Labs and the UBC Sauder School of Business, hosted our first Climate Economy Summit: Candid Perspectives on the Opportunities and Risks in the Net Zero Transition.
- September 6, 2023 Announcement Foresight's 2022-23 Annual Report: Celebrating a Decade of Impact We're thrilled to share this special 10th Anniversary edition of our 2022-23 Annual Report, showcasing not just how far we’ve come, but demonstrating how we will continue to help Canada become a global leader on the path to net zero.
- August 30, 2023 Article Charting the Path Forward for Canadian Carbon Tech Foresight’s, Canada’s Ventures to Value Chains: Carbon Technology database and report is an all-in-one resource that leverages data from technology companies and other key stakeholders to map, categorize, and analyze strategically important industry value chains for Canada in the clean economy.
- August 1, 2023 Article Building Powerful Connections Through the powerNEXT Network Canada has set its sights on a 100% net zero electricity system by 2035. To achieve this ambitious goal, our national power sector must come together like never before to share knowledge, identify challenges and opportunities, and drive the critical innovation required to reach net zero.
- July 24, 2023 Article Foresight Partners with RSM Canada to Catalyze Cleantech Investment Foresight Canada is thrilled to announce a new partnership with RSM Canada to help support cleantech innovators as they tackle one of the largest barriers preventing Canadian ventures from achieving scale: accessing the right capital.
- July 4, 2023 Article Saving Water, One Pulp Mill at a Time: Foresight and CMPC Launch Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge CMPC, one of the biggest worldwide pulp and paper companies, is seeking solutions to help fight the blue staining in wood caused by the Ceratocystis Pilífera fungus. This stain is currently prevented with high water use throughout the processing stage.