As we close out the dog days of summer, there’s no slowing down for our network of incredible alumni companies.
These Canadian cleantech champions have been busy exploring new markets, securing millions in financing, and finding new, exciting partnerships at home and abroad. But most importantly they’ve been hard at work moving the needle towards a net zero future.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- SDTC has announced $1.6 million in seed funding to support 16 Canadian companies including Foresight alumni Reusables, Plaex, Psigryph, Drinkable, and Anodyne Chemistries. The grants range from $50,000 – $100,000 each.
- Victoria-based Origen Air has closed its seed funding round, securing $1.5M in funding for its commercialization efforts.
- Pressure Corp is currently crowdfunding to raise $1M in debt financing for projects they are developing.
- Alberta-based Synergraze found a new partner in the T’Sou-ke First Nation for its algae-based methane-reducing cattle supplement.
- PremiseHQ announced the purchase of intellectual property developed by PropTech start-up and Foresight alumni ioAirFLow.
- VoltSafe Inc. has been chosen by the Governments of Canada to join Canada’s most innovative auto-tech companies in the Autotech Business Mission to California in September 2022.
- Vancouver-based Loop Energy is going abroad, expanding into the UK to tap into the $15B commercial vehicle sector.
To date, our network of 870+ Foresight-supported ventures have raised $1.2 billion in capital, generated $348+ million in revenue, and created 7,040+ high-paying jobs. In total, the economic impact of our alumni companies is more than $1.5 billion.
We are inspired by the contributions our alumni companies are making to Canada’s transition to a net zero economy, and so excited to see what comes next for these innovators.
Stay tuned for more stories about how our alumni are leaving their mark on the Canadian cleantech ecosystem. To submit your story, reach out to [email protected].