With a Powerful Cleantech Community, We’re Well on Our Way.
But to Win the Net Zero Race, We Need to Level Up.
Here’s how we’re going to meet our ambitious goals:
Our comprehensive ramp of problem-driven, accelerator programs support innovators in reaching the market faster, and rapidly scaling success.
Our Innovation Challenges support industry in identifying market-ready innovation to meet their environmental and climate targets.
We expedite the growth of Canadian technologies through connections to global markets, partners, and customers in countries around the world.
We support innovators to leverage private capital through matchmaking and showcase opportunities that engage early- and later-stage investors. This infuses much-needed capital into cleantech innovation.
Our national cleantech network of engaged stakeholders represents a diverse range of regional, sectoral, and occupational interests. Together, we can tackle the climate crisis through innovation.
Celebrating 10 years of impact
From Humble Beginnings to a Nationwide Catalyst for Cleantech Innovation
- Today, Foresight supports hundreds of companies from across the country in scaling their ventures and raising billions of dollars in capital to support the development of critical solutions to a wide variety of sustainability hurdles across sectors.
- Accelerate from Anywhere was launched, offering one-of-kind tailored programming that supports cleantech ventures from the idea stage to launch to scale-up.
- The Foresight team grew from 20 to 34, allowing us to offer more programming, events, and initiatives to rapidly accelerate the development and adoption of cleantech innovation across the country.
- The CXO Growth program was launched to develop Canada’s cleantech executives.
- Foresight merged with ACTia and entered into partnerships with CSI, the University of Victoria and the Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Association (CHFCA).
- Foresight’s carbonNEXT and agriNEXT networks were announced to, offering sector-specific programming for carbon tech and agritech ventures.
- The Access to Capital Program was launched to help Canadian cleantech ventures prepare to raise.
- The 1st annual Foresight 50 list was announced, recognizing Canada’s 50 most investable cleantech ventures.
- BC’s cleantech ecosystem celebrated provincial climate powerhouses at Foresight’s 1st annual BC Cleantech Awards.
- Foresight’s first sector-specific network, waterNEXT, was announced, bringing together Canada’s water tech community.
- The first Road to 2050 report was released.
- The first cohort for Foresight’s Deliver program took place, helping cleantech ventures commercialize their climate innovations.
- The BC Cluster research project was launched.
- Foresight teamed up with Platform Calgary to expand acceleration cohorts into Alberta.
- Programming was made available virtually, allowing cleantech ventures from across the country to utilize Foresight’s programs, events, and initiatives.
- Our fearless leader, Jeanette Jackson, became CEO of Foresight Canada.
- The Grow program was added to Foresight’s acceleration ramp to help later-stage ventures scale their climate solutions.
- Foresight received funding to establish a clean technology development facility, called the Advanced Resource Clean Technology Innovation Centre (ARCTIC), that would identify solutions to challenges faced by western-based resource industries, and support cleantech innovators in BC and Alberta in bringing new technologies to market.
IT ALL STARTED IN 2013...
- Foresight officially began as a small accelerator helping BC-based cleantech ventures launch their climate solutions.
Our Five Core Values are Embedded in Everything We Do. We Are:
and enjoy sharing ideas freely, and celebrating so-called failures as learning and growing experiences.
individuals who work together to achieve a defined and common goal.
about sustainability and cleantech with a strong commitment and drive to tackle climate change.
leaders who work to enhance the motivation and engagement of followers by directing their behavior toward a shared vision.
who build networks of people across an array of social, cultural, professional, and economic circles, and connect an ecosystem of cleantech champions.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up today to receive updates on the latest happenings in cleantech – including business news, upcoming networking events, and the SME opportunities you need to know about.
Join our Community of Innovators
Are you passionate about cleantech in Canada? Join our Slack channel and connect with the community that is working together to make Canada a leader in climate innovation.
Leading the Charge to Net Zero.
Check out our blog for updates on how we and our partners are shaping Canadian cleantech innovation.
- Featured Article Introducing the 2023 Foresight 50 - Canada's 50 Most Investible Cleantech Ventures
Canada’s 50 most investible cleantech ventures have been announced, featuring inspiring cleantech ventures across a range of industries and sectors that provide solutions to some of society's most pressing issues including green housing, emissions reduction, and food security.View Article
- December 1, 2023 Article Alberta’s Status as a “First-Mover” on Carbon Tech is Paying Dividends Michigan-based material science company, Dow Inc., will construct the world’s first net zero Scope 1 and 2 emissions ethylene cracker and derivatives complex in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
- November 15, 2023 Article How Can Canada Capture a Net Zero Future? Takeaways from Decarb Connect Canada 2023. We are a long way from net zero, but Canada has opportunities to lead the way. One thing is for sure: decarbonization requires all hands on deck.