Read About Canadian Cleantech
Foresight brings you cleantech company spotlights, industry news, investment and export success stories, and updates from Canada’s growing cleantech community.Subscribe for Updates
- September 27, 2023 Article Venture Spotlight Series: Orca Water - Leveraging Data to Ensure Water Security Orca Water has developed a comprehensive and easy-to-install modular monitoring system for residential buildings that enhances water conservation, and provides unprecedented water use analytics, and predictive leak detection capability.
- September 25, 2023 Article Celebrating Carbon Month at The Carbon Capture Canada Conference Foresight's Alberta Director, David Yiptong, shares insights from the Carbon Capture Canada Conference in Edmonton, AB, where organizations and individuals from across the country and around the globe gathered to share insights, address common challenges, and discuss the future of carbon tech innovation.
- September 21, 2023 Article Navigating the Path to Net Zero: Insights from ITEA Days in Berlin Elizabeth Thorsen, VP of Operations at Foresight Canada, reflects on the NRC-IRAP-organized Canadian delegation to Berlin, Germany around the ITEA Days conference.
- September 19, 2023 Article Earth Tech 2050: Announcing Our First Cohort of Top Climate Tech Startups Earth Tech: 2050, a nine-month program delivered in partnership with SI Canada, is helping accelerate these 11 top climate tech startups with the potential to each cut half a gigatonne of CO2e by 2050.
- September 15, 2023 Article Key Takeaways from our First Climate Economy Summit To open the door for an objective, honest dialogue around the future of the economy and climate, Foresight Canada, along with Creative Destruction Labs and the UBC Sauder School of Business, hosted our first Climate Economy Summit: Candid Perspectives on the Opportunities and Risks in the Net Zero Transition.
- September 6, 2023 Announcement Foresight's 2022-23 Annual Report: Celebrating a Decade of Impact We're thrilled to share this special 10th Anniversary edition of our 2022-23 Annual Report, showcasing not just how far we’ve come, but demonstrating how we will continue to help Canada become a global leader on the path to net zero.
- September 5, 2023 Article Keeping Canadian CCUS Competitive: Leveraging Investment Tax Credits The government announced generous tax credits for Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (the CCUS Tax Credit). Here's what you need to know.
- August 30, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Picketa Systems New Brunswick’s Picketa Systems is changing the future of agtech with a plant tissue analysis technology that provides real-time results, removing nearly all turnaround time in the process of analyzing plant samples.
- August 30, 2023 Article Charting the Path Forward for Canadian Carbon Tech Foresight’s, Canada’s Ventures to Value Chains: Carbon Technology database and report is an all-in-one resource that leverages data from technology companies and other key stakeholders to map, categorize, and analyze strategically important industry value chains for Canada in the clean economy.
- August 29, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Planetary Technologies Planetary Technologies is developing the world’s first carbon removal system that has the ability to transform coastal outfalls into carbon removal machines. Their technology has the potential to remove 2,000,000 gross tonnes of carbon per year, creating a significant impact on levels of GHG emissions in the atmosphere.
- August 17, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Vizva AgroTech Globally, agriculture accounts for roughly 70 per cent of all freshwater withdrawals. Thankfully, Vizva AgroTech has found a way to cut agricultural water consumption by over 95 per cent.
- August 9, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: GreenLIB Founded in 2022, GreenLIB is a cleantech startup focused on lithium-ion batteries and the refining of raw materials in order to address the escalating problem of battery waste management.