Taking Canada’s Built Environment to the Next Level
buildNEXT is the architect of collaboration. By bringing leaders and innovators together, we're building the future of green construction. Let’s reach new heights, together.
Our Key Focus Areas:
- High-efficiency, zero-carbon construction systems
- Low embodied carbon, low energy use materials
- Building management systems
- Water conservation technologies
The Construction Challenge
The construction sector generates one-third of total solid waste in Canada (more than four million tonnes of waste per year) and a staggering 39% of total global carbon emissions. If we’re going to meet net zero targets, we need to face the challenges of the construction sector head-on.
Canada Is Levelling Up Green Building Requirements.
To reduce construction-related GHG emissions and meet Canada’s bold sustainable building targets, we need to innovate faster. Foresight is helping Canada’s construction sector form a sustainable built environment through:
Sector-specific training and mentorship
Industry-driven Innovation Challenges
Investor matchmaking and technology showcase events
Acceleration programs for startups in the built environment
Research and marketing campaigns to build knowledge
An active and engaged network of organizations in the built environment
Through our Innovation Challenge program, we can support you by:
- Identifying key barriers to your climate targets
- Sourcing innovators with solutions to your specific challenges
- Guiding you through the funding landscape to get your projects moving faster
We want to work with you to:
- Develop your tech at any stage, from ideation to commercialization
- Connect you with Canada’s vast built environment ecosystem
- Provide you with training, investor matchmaking opportunities and networking events to help you get to market faster
Meet Our buildNEXT Ventures
We’re thrilled to have supported a wide variety of innovative ventures that are helping shape a greener future for Canada’s built environment.
- May 27, 2022 Announcement Kanaka Bar Resilient Housing Solutions Challenge Results The Kanaka Bar Resilient Housing Challenge, aims to help Lytton and Kanaka Bar rebuild sustainably, after the devastating wildfires of 2021. View Announcement
- February 23, 2022 Podcast Ep. 6 | Cleantech Forward with Investor Panel Featuring Scott Jenkins Scott Jenkins, ZS2 Technologies pitches his technology to this panel of investors, and shares his vision for the future of construction. Listen to Podcast
- February 2, 2022 Article Challenge Launched to Source Resilient Housing Solutions for Kanaka Bar, Lytton The Kanaka Bar Indian Band is funding an innovation challenge to help source resilient and commercially available building technology products. View Article
Become A Partner
We want to partner with you to introduce you to Canada’s leading ventures in the built environment as well as collectively increase our reach and better support the ecosystem.