Technology is a Critical Part of the Solution.
With a history of world-class water innovation, breakthrough technologies, and an ecosystem that spans the country’s largest sectors, Canada is a global leader in water solutions.
Acceleration programs for water technology startups
Industry and investor matchmaking
Innovation Challenges and scouting for problem holders
Stakeholder engagement across key water-related sectors
Global showcase opportunities for Canadian water technologies
An active and engaged network of water tech organizations
Our Key Focus Areas:
Leveraging water technologies to reduce or sequester greenhouse gas emissions
Managing water-related impacts of climate change, including water supply, water quality, and extreme weather risks
Harnessing resources from wastewater, including nutrients, metals, heat, and energy
Water Recycling & Reuse
Reclaiming water from a variety of sources for beneficial reuse
Whether you're a utility, community, corporate, engineering firm, or industrial water user, we can support you in:
- Identifying innovation opportunities and priorities
- Scouting and sourcing high-quality solutions
- Leveraging our extensive network of water tech ventures and advisors
From ideation to adoption, we work with innovators to:
- Provide acceleration, training, and mentorship support
- Make connections to end users, investors, and strategic partners
- Increase exposure and visibility with key audiences
Meet Our waterNEXT Ventures
We’re proud to have supported a wide range of inspiring cleantech ventures who are stepping up to solve global water challenges with made-in-Canada solutions.
- July 27, 2023 Announcement Connecting Canada’s Water Tech Ecosystem Foresight Canada has embarked on a mission to map, categorize, and analyze our country’s water technology value chain in the Ventures to Value Chains: Water Technology database and report.
- July 25, 2023 Report Canada’s Ventures to Value Chains: Water Technology Canada’s Ventures to Value Chains: Water Technology report maps, categorizes, and analyzes the water value chain for Canada in the clean economy.
- July 20, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Proteus Waters - Closing the Circle on Waste Wastewater is an underused and under appreciated resource. Proteus Waters is focused on a water recovery and circular economic business model that also has a much smaller environmental footprint, and far lower economic cost, when compared to traditional bacterial options.