Become An Active waterNEXT Venture
Our waterNEXT program is geared towards getting your technology adopted by industry.
With our network of values-aligned investors, water technology partners, researchers, and industry decision-makers, waterNEXT provides ongoing access to targeted pilot opportunities, training, capital, and the co-development and adoption of solutions.
As an active venture, you may choose from many pathways of support available to water technology ventures, including:
- waterNEXT Annual Cohort - Our cohort consists of six sessions and an industry pitch day. It is geared towards ventures who are TRL 2-5, looking for a robust understanding of the current water technology landscape in Canada with sector-specific insights, end user needs, and market trends.
- Industry Matchmaking Program - Choose up to four industry-led sessions every fall that deep-dive into current challenges, opening the door for piloting opportunities and expanded network opportunities. These are open to waterNEXT ventures that are also clients of IRAP.
- Strategic Support Program - Receive direct support and mentorship from our executive advisors (CEOs/CFOs/CTOs) network who specialize in water technology business and customer needs, market analysis, and commercialization pathways.
- Canadian Water Innovation Library - Access the extensive resource library of the watertech ecosystem in Canada. Browse from lists of funders, test facilities, events, support programs, and more.
- Innovation Challenges - An opportunity for pre-commercial water technology solutions to meet specific industry needs. This supports ventures to identify market niches, advance to demonstration, engage strategic partners, and showcase innovation.
- Networking & Showcase Events - Insider-only access to bespoke training courses, relevant conferences, networking, pitch events, and other sector-specific opportunities.
- Foresight Community Membership - Access Canada’s wider cleantech community through a dedicated Slack channel and Foresight newsletter, giving you access to the latest on ecosystem events, programs, and challenges.
... and more!
. . .
What you can expect:
To access our full suite of services, startups must complete Foresight’s Accelerate from Anywhere onboarding form.
Please make sure you select that you are interested in joining waterNEXT!
Upon completion, we will review your application, and you will be prompted to book a short discovery call, followed by an intake call with a Foresight Executives in Residence.
This will help our Program Managers and EIRs to understand where you are on your commercialization journey and how our programs can best support you.
If you have already participated in an Accelerate from Anywhere program, please contact waterNEXT directly.
waterNEXT collaborates with a number of partners to provide unparalleled support to the Canadian water technology ecosystem: