Canada is Shaping the Future of CCUS
The global CCUS and industrial carbon removal sector needs to deliver 2-10 billion tonnes of emission reductions or removals per year by 2050 from just 0.04 billion tonnes per year today.
This will create a market worth $6 trillion annually, of roughly the same physical scale as today’s oil and gas sector. With 8% of the global patent pool and five of the world’s 30 large-scale projects, Canadian CCUS innovation and expertise is key to the sector’s success. carbonNEXT supports Canadian innovation leadership through:
for carbontech startups
Industry-driven Innovation Challenges
Investor matchmaking and tech showcase events
Sector-specific training, mentorship and non-dilutive fund development support
Research and marketing campaigns to reduce barriers and attract investment
Network of Canadian CCUS research and technology validation facilities and expertise
Our Key Focus Areas:
Through our Innovation Challenge program, we can support you by:
- Identifying key barriers to your climate targets
- Sourcing innovators with solutions to your specific challenges
- Guiding you through the funding landscape to get your projects moving faster
We want to work with you to:
- Develop your tech at any stage, from ideation to commercialization
- Connect you with Canada’s ecosystem of validation expertise and support
- Provide you with training, investor matchmaking opportunities and networking events to help you get to market faster
Meet Our carbonNEXT Ventures
From early-stage to commercial solutions, we’re seeing major advancements in Canadian carbontech and Foresight is thrilled to have supported the development and scaling of so many innovative, carbon capture, utilization and storage ventures.
- September 25, 2023 Article Celebrating Carbon Month at The Carbon Capture Canada Conference Foresight's Alberta Director, David Yiptong, shares insights from the Carbon Capture Canada Conference in Edmonton, AB, where organizations and individuals from across the country and around the globe gathered to share insights, address common challenges, and discuss the future of carbon tech innovation.
- September 5, 2023 Article Keeping Canadian CCUS Competitive: Leveraging Investment Tax Credits The government announced generous tax credits for Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (the CCUS Tax Credit). Here's what you need to know.
- August 30, 2023 Article Charting the Path Forward for Canadian Carbon Tech Foresight’s, Canada’s Ventures to Value Chains: Carbon Technology database and report is an all-in-one resource that leverages data from technology companies and other key stakeholders to map, categorize, and analyze strategically important industry value chains for Canada in the clean economy.