Challenge Case Studies
Find out how Foresight’s past Innovation Challenges have identified solutions, launched projects, created jobs, and reduced GHG emissions.
- Completed Building British Columbia's Low-Carbon Economy Foresight's British Columbia Net Zero Innovation Network is seeking potential projects to support and build out in the transportation, water, mining and forest bioeconomy sectors.
- Completed FortisBC Compact Carbon Capture Challenge FortisBC is seeking solutions for capturing relatively small amounts of CO2 from a variety of geographic areas within Canada to use or sequester.
- Completed COSIA: Low Energy Water Treatment Technology Challenge Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) and the University of Alberta are seeking innovative solutions to improve the environmental performance of the mineable oil sands industry through low energy treatment of dissolved organic compounds present in Oil Sands Process Water (OSPW).
- Completed CMPC: Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge CMPC is seeking solutions to help fight the blue staining in wood caused by the Ceratocystis Pilífera fungus.
- Completed SDG Connect Challenge: Sasol DAC to the Future Sasol is seeking innovative, cost-effective DAC technologies that will enable the implementation of direct air capture (DAC) and integration into the feedstock value chain at their Secunda facilities. Presented By:
- Completed Soil Health & Nutrient Management Challenge The Innovative Farmers Association of Ontario (IFAO) is seeking innovative solutions that improve farmers’ ability to implement better nutrient management while improving soil health. Presented By: