Read About Canadian Cleantech
Foresight brings you cleantech company spotlights, industry news, investment and export success stories, and updates from Canada’s growing cleantech community.Subscribe for Updates
- October 12, 2023 Article Partnerships Will Propel Us To Net Zero From September 26-28, I had the opportunity to attend Elevate, Canada’s tech and innovation festival in Toronto. This three-day event had more than 10,000 attendees and highlighted the strength of Canada’s tech ecosystem while showcasing cutting-edge innovations across several sectors — including cleantech.
- October 6, 2023 Article Winners Announced in CMPC Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge Foresight Canada and CMPC are proud to announce the winners of the Low Water, Blue Stain-Free Wood Challenge, helping to reduce water use in the process of fighting the blue staining in wood caused by the Ceratocystis Pilífera fungus.
- October 5, 2023 Article Calling All Canadian Cleantech Innovators: Let’s Get British Columbia to Net Zero, Together Foresight’s BC Net Zero Innovation Network (BCNZIN) is launching a Call for Solutions in search of powerful cleantech solutions within four key sectors: water, transportation, mining, and forest bioeconomy.
- October 5, 2023 Article A Cleantech Adoption Platform: Streamlining Cleantech Adoption in Canada We spent the past several months undertaking a rigorous discovery process to better understand the key barriers that are hindering progress toward municipal net zero and sustainability goals. Here's what we propose.
- September 27, 2023 Article Venture Spotlight Series: Orca Water - Leveraging Data to Ensure Water Security Orca Water has developed a comprehensive and easy-to-install modular monitoring system for residential buildings that enhances water conservation, and provides unprecedented water use analytics, and predictive leak detection capability.
- September 25, 2023 Article Celebrating Carbon Month at The Carbon Capture Canada Conference Foresight's Alberta Director, David Yiptong, shares insights from the Carbon Capture Canada Conference in Edmonton, AB, where organizations and individuals from across the country and around the globe gathered to share insights, address common challenges, and discuss the future of carbon tech innovation.
- September 21, 2023 Article Navigating the Path to Net Zero: Insights from ITEA Days in Berlin Elizabeth Thorsen, VP of Operations at Foresight Canada, reflects on the NRC-IRAP-organized Canadian delegation to Berlin, Germany around the ITEA Days conference.
- September 19, 2023 Article Earth Tech 2050: Announcing Our First Cohort of Top Climate Tech Startups Earth Tech: 2050, a nine-month program delivered in partnership with SI Canada, is helping accelerate these 11 top climate tech startups with the potential to each cut half a gigatonne of CO2e by 2050.
- September 15, 2023 Article Key Takeaways from our First Climate Economy Summit To open the door for an objective, honest dialogue around the future of the economy and climate, Foresight Canada, along with Creative Destruction Labs and the UBC Sauder School of Business, hosted our first Climate Economy Summit: Candid Perspectives on the Opportunities and Risks in the Net Zero Transition.
- September 6, 2023 Announcement Foresight's 2022-23 Annual Report: Celebrating a Decade of Impact We're thrilled to share this special 10th Anniversary edition of our 2022-23 Annual Report, showcasing not just how far we’ve come, but demonstrating how we will continue to help Canada become a global leader on the path to net zero.
- September 5, 2023 Article Keeping Canadian CCUS Competitive: Leveraging Investment Tax Credits The government announced generous tax credits for Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (the CCUS Tax Credit). Here's what you need to know.
- August 30, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Picketa Systems New Brunswick’s Picketa Systems is changing the future of agtech with a plant tissue analysis technology that provides real-time results, removing nearly all turnaround time in the process of analyzing plant samples.