Read About Canadian Cleantech
Foresight brings you cleantech company spotlights, industry news, investment and export success stories, and updates from Canada’s growing cleantech community.Subscribe for Updates
- September 5, 2023 Article Keeping Canadian CCUS Competitive: Leveraging Investment Tax Credits The government announced generous tax credits for Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (the CCUS Tax Credit). Here's what you need to know.
- August 30, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Picketa Systems New Brunswick’s Picketa Systems is changing the future of agtech with a plant tissue analysis technology that provides real-time results, removing nearly all turnaround time in the process of analyzing plant samples.
- August 30, 2023 Article Charting the Path Forward for Canadian Carbon Tech Foresight’s, Canada’s Ventures to Value Chains: Carbon Technology database and report is an all-in-one resource that leverages data from technology companies and other key stakeholders to map, categorize, and analyze strategically important industry value chains for Canada in the clean economy.
- August 29, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Planetary Technologies Planetary Technologies is developing the world’s first carbon removal system that has the ability to transform coastal outfalls into carbon removal machines. Their technology has the potential to remove 2,000,000 gross tonnes of carbon per year, creating a significant impact on levels of GHG emissions in the atmosphere.
- August 17, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Vizva AgroTech Globally, agriculture accounts for roughly 70 per cent of all freshwater withdrawals. Thankfully, Vizva AgroTech has found a way to cut agricultural water consumption by over 95 per cent.
- August 9, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: GreenLIB Founded in 2022, GreenLIB is a cleantech startup focused on lithium-ion batteries and the refining of raw materials in order to address the escalating problem of battery waste management.
- August 3, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Co2L Tech CO2L Tech is a cleantech startup specializing in CO2-utilization technologies, and has developed innovative processes that have enabled them to manufacture a diverse range of CO2-derived products including desiccants, two-way humidity controllers, and different chemical precursors.
- August 1, 2023 Article Building Powerful Connections Through the powerNEXT Network Canada has set its sights on a 100% net zero electricity system by 2035. To achieve this ambitious goal, our national power sector must come together like never before to share knowledge, identify challenges and opportunities, and drive the critical innovation required to reach net zero.
- July 27, 2023 Announcement Connecting Canada’s Water Tech Ecosystem Foresight Canada has embarked on a mission to map, categorize, and analyze our country’s water technology value chain in the Ventures to Value Chains: Water Technology database and report.
- July 27, 2023 Article Cleantech Coast to Coast: Last20 Pavement Last20 Pavement has developed a novel solution to put plastic waste to good use. Their technology is a cost-effective, environmentally-driven, high-performance solution for asphalt applications that upcycles low density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic into pavement.
- July 26, 2023 Article July Alumni Recap | Summer Raises in the Forecast for Foresight Alumni It’s the summer of funding for our network Foresight alumni, who have collectively raised more than $88 million in funding in the last month alone. Their impressive accomplishments will help them scale their technologies and expand their operations to new markets domestically and globally.
- July 26, 2023 Article Foresight Insights, Biomethane: Where it Fits in Canada’s Decarbonization Toolkit What role will biomethane play in Canada’s decarbonization journey? Learn all about biomethane’s sectoral applications, technology gaps and opportunities, next steps, and more in our latest blog by Foresight Canada’s Sr. Research Analyst, Colton Kasteel.