Cleantech Forward Podcast
Compelling Conversations Around Canadian Cleantech
Cleantech Forward is a podcast that shines a light on the big thinkers who are leading climate solutions in Canada. Tune in every month to hear thought-provoking interviews hosted by Jeanette Jackson, CEO of Foresight. Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.Become a Guest
Listen to the Episodes
- Featured Episode Ep. 35 | Closing the Climate Action Gap with Justin Bull
To help illuminate the complexity of the Climate Action Gap, and discuss how we can ensure meaningful action is being taken on climate change, Cleantech Forward host Jeanette Jackson sits down with Justin Bull, Adjunct Professor at the UBC Sauder School of Business, the Leader of the Sustainability and Ethics Group, and the Academic Director of the newly established Centre for Climate and Business Solutions.Listen Now
- September 29, 2023 Podcast Accelerating Canadian Cleantech Pt. 2 with Heather Stephens and Ryan Bourns On this episode of Cleantech Forward, Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson sits down with Heather Stephens of Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA), an organization that provides funding for cleantech projects, and Ryan Bourns, the Business Strategy Development Manager at Carbon Upcycling Technologies, an Alberta-based CCUS company that has received funding from ERA.
- August 28, 2023 Podcast Accelerating Canadian Cleantech On this episode, Jeanette is joined by Foresight's Senior Director of Market Transformation and Senior Director of Cleantech with Social Innovation Canada, Barnabe Geis, and Cycle Momentum CEO Patrick Gagné.
- July 28, 2023 Podcast Plastic Free July On this special episode of the Cleantech Forward podcast, host Jeanette Jackson is joined by Jason Hawkins, and Lee Malleau to celebrate Plastic Free July, and how the transition away from plastic relates to consumer behaviour.
- June 28, 2023 Podcast Services for Cleantech Exporters Canada has been recognized as a hotbed of cleantech innovation. But our domestic market for the adoption of many of these technologies is relatively small. In order for many Canadian companies to remain competitive, finding customers outside of Canada is necessary.
- May 26, 2023 Podcast International Market Opportunities with Scott Allison, Hein Molenkamp, and Tim Bailey Although large in terms of its geography, Canada has a relatively small domestic market for cleantech adoption. Many Canadian cleantech innovators must pursue opportunities outside of our borders if they want to be successful, but navigating the global marketplace can be challenging.
- April 28, 2023 Podcast Cleantech Forward: Exporting Canadian Cleantech with Jocelyn Campbell and Emily Hicks Jocelyn Campbell, Director of Business Development at CarbonCure, and Emily Hicks, President and co-founder of FREDSense discuss international customers, foreign markets, and the tools available for innovators ready to export their technologies.
- March 28, 2023 Podcast Cleantech Forward: Accelerating Cleantech Adoption Foresight CEO and Cleantech Forward Host Jeanette Jackson is joined by Seth Klein, the Team Lead and Director of Strategy at the Climate Emergency Unit, and the author of The Good War: Mobilizing Canada for the Climate Emergency.
- February 24, 2023 Podcast Cleantech Forward: Securing Industry Partnerships Foresight CEO and host Jeanette Jackson is joined by Faisal Mirza, the Senior Project Manager for the City of Vancouver’s Solid Waste Strategic Services, and Bernardita Araya, the Manager of CMPC Ventures, the corporate venture arm of CMPC, one of the world’s largest pulp and paper companies.
- January 27, 2023 Podcast Cleantech Forward: The Adoption of Clean Technologies CEO of Summit Nanotech, Amanda Hall, and the CEO of ZILA Works, Jason Puracal, share their insights on the obstacles hindering widespread adoption of clean technologies, what entrepreneurs can do in order to speed up the adoption process, and how we can encourage industry/innovator partnerships.
- December 16, 2022 Podcast Cleantech Forward: The Keys to Unlocking Net Zero Foresight CEO and host Jeanette Jackson is joined by Foresight VP Operations Elizabeth Thorsen, and the head of the University of Calgary’s Masters of Sustainable Development program, Sara Hastings-Simon, to discuss the recent cleantech tax credit and carbon contract announcements in Canada.
- November 23, 2022 Podcast Cleantech Forward: Exploring the Cleantech Investor Landscape On this episode of Cleantech Forward, host and Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson is joined by Sarah Applebaum, partner of Pangaea Ventures, and Tom Rand, managing partner and co-founder of ArcTern Ventures. The two share their thoughts on the current economic climate, how it’s affecting the #cleantech investor landscape and ventures seeking #capital, and what it all means for Canada’s net zero ambitions.