Cleantech Forward Podcast
Compelling Conversations Around Canadian Cleantech
Cleantech Forward is a podcast that shines a light on the big thinkers who are leading climate solutions in Canada. Tune in every month to hear thought-provoking interviews hosted by Jeanette Jackson, CEO of Foresight. Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.Become a Guest
Listen to the Episodes
- November 1, 2022 Podcast Cleantech Forward: Navigating the Pathway to Capital CEOs Anthea Sargeaunt of 2S Water, and Jason Robinson of Evoco Limited join host Jeanette Jackson to explore how entrepreneurs are coping with the increased financial pressures associated with operating a business, from rising costs to cooling cleantech investor sentiments.
- September 28, 2022 Podcast Ep. 22 | Cleantech Forward with Investor Panel and Jordan MacKenzie On this episode of the Cleantech Forward podcast, Jordan MacKenzie, CEO of Bioform, discuss his plans to disrupt the single-use plastic industry with our panel of expert cleantech investors, Jason Switzer, director of carbonNEXT, Evok Innovations’ Marty Reed, and Pangea Ventures’ Sarah Applebaum.
- September 14, 2022 Podcast Ep. 21 | Cleantech Forward with Investors and Maartje van der Sande On this episode of the Cleantech Forward podcast, Circular Rubber Technologies CEO Maartje van der Sande pitches her tire recycling innovation to our panel of expert investors. Jason Switzer, director of carbonNEXT, is joined by Evok Innovations' Marty Reed and Pangea Ventures’ Sarah Applebaum to evaluate Maartje’s pitch, give her feedback, and answer her questions about the changing landscape of venture capital.
- August 31, 2022 Podcast Ep. 20 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson, Mariam Awara This week, Mariam Awara, COO of Pulsenics, joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson to discuss how Pulsenics’ technology can create efficiencies in electrochemical processes – used in industries critical to the net zero transition like hydrogen or battery production. Mariam and Jeanette dig into why we urgently need to decarbonize these technologies, and how a network of seasoned mentors can help new entrepreneurs overcome a lack of experience.
- August 17, 2022 Podcast Ep. 19 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson, Sean Hazaray This week, Sean Hazaray, CEO and co-founder of Haze Automotive, joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson to discuss his environmentally friendly carbon fiber manufacturing process, how it can positively impact the electric vehicle industry by increasing safety and lowering greenhouse gas emissions, and how Canadian accelerators like Foresight and Climate Ventures’ Accelerate from Anywhere program have been instrumental in his entrepreneurial journey.
- August 3, 2022 Podcast Ep. 18 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson, Tatiana Estevez Carlucci This week on the Cleantech Forward Podcast, CEO and founder of Permalution, Tatiana Estevez Carlucci joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson to discuss how her unique innovation harvests water from fog, introducing a new novel source of water into drought-prone and water-scarce regions. The two also discuss drawing inspiration from nature, being a woman CEO, and the importance of mentorship in the entrepreneurial journey.
- July 27, 2022 Podcast Ep. 17 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson, JF Gauthier This week, JF Gauthier, founder and CEO of Startup Genome, discusses some of the key findings from their 2022 Global Startup Ecosystem Report: Cleantech Edition alongside Foresight CEO, Jeanette Jackson. The two discuss why it was so important for Startup Genome to create a cleantech-specific version of the report, what it says about the global cleantech ecosystem, and what needs to be done to help innovators gain access to the essential ingredients that will allow them to scale their ventures.
- July 13, 2022 Podcast Ep. 16 | Cleantech Forward with Steve Liang This week, Steve Liang, CTO of SensorUP, joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson on the Cleantech Forward podcast. The two discuss Dr. Liang's work with Internet of Things (IoT), and how he and his team at SensorUp are now using that technology to tackle climate change – using sensors and data to give businesses a clear picture of their emissions and where they can find efficiencies.
- June 29, 2022 Podcast Ep. 15 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson and David Flaks This week on the Cleantech Forward podcast, President of Invest Vancouver, David Flaks, joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson on the Cleantech Forward Podcast to discuss the changing nature of economic development, Invest Vancouver's priorities for the Metro Vancouver Region, and how cleantech fits into that picture.
- June 15, 2022 Podcast Ep. 14 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson, Tamara Loiselle Tamara Loiselle, CEO of Synergraze, joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson on the Cleantech Forward podcast. The two discuss their Synergraze’s fascinating algae-based biotechnology and how they are using it to help farmers reduce methane emissions from cattle.
- June 1, 2022 Podcast Ep. 13 | Cleantech Forward With Jeanette Jackson, Tim Bailey This week, Tim Bailey, partner at Gowling WLG, joins Foresight CEO Jeanette Jackson on the podcast. The two discuss the state of carbontech innovation in Canada, what tools are available that can enable entrepreneurs to grow their businesses, and how that could impact the sector as a whole. Tune in to hear how carbontech innovation is helping Canada achieve its net zero goals.
- May 18, 2022 Podcast Ep. 12 | Cleantech Forward with Jeanette Jackson, Brian Lee, and Chris Reid This week Chris Reid, CEO of Ekona Power, and Brian Lee, award-winning patent attorney and partner at Gowling WLG, join Cleantech Forward to discuss the future of hydrogen technology, current barriers to mass hydrogen adoption, and the role IP protection plays in a competitive space like hydrogen.